Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Gerhard Fohler
Gerhard Fohler has been holding the Chair for Real-time Systems at TU Kaiserslautern since 2006. He received his Dipl. Ing. and Ph.D. degrees with honors from the TU Vienna, Prof. Hermann Kopetz, then was with the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, USA as postdoctoral researcher. Before joining TU Kaiserslautern, he was with MDH Sweden where he was promoted to full professor.
His research is based on issues in the field of real-time, embedded systems, with emphasis on adaptive real-time systems. Recently, it has been including related issues in real-time and control, real-time networking, real-time media processing, and wireless sensor networks.
He has been involved in a number of EU projects, coordinator and partner, and was core partner of the EU IST Networks-of-Excellence ARTIST. He is Chairman of the Technical Committee on Real-time Systems of Euromicro, which is responsible for ECRTS, the prime European conference on real-time systems, was member of the executive board of the real-time and embedded committees of the IEEE. He was program chair of the leading real-time conferences, and is associate editor of Springer's Real-time System Journal. He has been serving as expert reviewer for the EU IST embedded systems unit and other funding agencies.
He has been awarded the IEEE Technical Committee on Real-time Systems award for outstanding service to the real-time systems community.
REFEREED CONFERENCE AND WORKSHOP PAPERS
- Marine Kadar, Gerhard Fohler, Don Kuzhiyelil, Philipp Gorski, Safety-Aware Integration of Hardware-Assisted Program Tracing in Mixed-Criticality Systems for Security Monitoring, 27th IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium, January 2021.
- Gautam Gala, Gerhard Fohler, Work-in-Progress: Distributed Decision-making for Safe and Secure Global Resource Management via Blockchain, 2020 International Conference on Embedded Software (EMSOFT), September 2020.
- Mohammed Salman Shaik, Václav Struhár, Zeinab Bakhshi, Van-Lan Dao, Nitin Desai, Vasileios Karagiannis, Alexandre Silva Venito, Alessandro V. Papadopoulos, Thomas Nolte, Stefan Schulte, Gerhard Fohler, Enabling Fog-based Industrial Robotics Systems, ETFA 2020 - Fog and Industrial IoT Applications, September 2020.
- Marine Kadar, Tverdyshev, Sergey, Gerhard Fohler, Towards Host Intrusion Detection For Embedded Industrial Systems, DSN 2020 - Industrial Track, June 2020
- Nils Vreman, Richard Pates, Kristin Krüger, Gerhard Fohler, Martina Maggio, Minimizing Side-Channel Attack Vulnerability via Schedule Randomization, Poster/ Demo Session of the 58th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), December 2019.
- Marine Kadar, Sergey Tverdyshev, Gerhard Fohler, System Calls Instrumentation for Intrusion Detection in Embedded Mixed-Criticality Systems, 4th International Workshop on Security and Dependability of Critical Embedded Real-Time Systems (CERTS2019), July 2019.