Master in English
University graduates holding a non-German bachelor degree are welcome to apply to our master program. Please note the special regulations and prerequisites that apply for this case.
Major Fields of Study & Curriculum
Currently, we are offering two major fields of study in English language: Embedded Systems (ESY) and Automation and Control (AUT).
You can select your desired major when submitting your application.
Embedded Systems (ESY)
Embedded systems are the technological backbone of our digitalized world. Choose our major Embedded Systems (ESY) if you want to become an expert in embedded system design.
ESY is the TUK component of the prestigious EU-funded Erasmus Mundus Program European Master in Embedded Computing Systems (EMECS).
Automation and Control (AUT)
Automation and Control deals with steering and controlling of complex systems such as production lines, distributed grids, or on-chip / on-board architectures. Safety and security are two fundamental design paradigms for this discipline.
During your master studies here at TUK, you will gain deep knowledge in the areas of control theory, modeling and identification, development of safe and secure systems, and mechatronic systems. Also for AUT you can select from a wide range of elective courses.
Prerequisites & Application
All master applicants with non-German bachelor degrees need to submit their applications to the central Department of International Affairs: ISGS. The ISGS is in charge of processing your application and will give support whenever you have any questions or issues.
You can find detailed information about prerequisites and the application process here.
Important: The master program for foreign applicants is not restricted. However, we check your subject-specific entry requirements and also may impose conditions. Thus, submitting your application does not yet mean that you can enroll.
Checklist for Application Documents
- A letter of motivation (letter of intent)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Bachelor/Master degree certificate (diploma) and transcripts of records
- Degree certificate and transcript translations (German or English)
- Short description of the subjects covered during previous studies (for example a syllabus)
- Two recommendation letters from faculty staff or industry manager - can be sent also via e-mail (containing your application number!)
- Proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL 213/550/80 or IELTS 6.0 or equivalent)
- APS (for applicants from the People’s Republic of China & Vietnam)