Bachelor Communications and Media Engineering
The bachelor program Communications and Media Engineering focuses on the technical foundations of media services. You will gain competences for changing the future evolvement in the media sector.
Specific courses are for instance:
- Foundations of media engineering
- Audio signal processing
- Video signal processing
- Seminar video technology
- Seminar video production
- Communication networks
- Mobile communication
- Interconnected systems
- Novel media technologies
- Digital technology
- Software engineering
The lectures in the first two semesters are given in German language. Lectures in higher semester and in the master studies are partly in English. Some courses are given by external lecturers from broadcasting, TV or media business.
In order to follow the specialized courses on media technology, you require in-depth knowledge about science and technology that you gain in the basic study period.
In addition to the technological aspects, you will be educated in:
- Media design
- Media, copyright, and patent law
- Business administration
- Innovation management
You gain practical experience in a mandatory
- Internship in media technology
with a minimum duration of 13 weeks.
Regulations & Downloads
- Study plan - start in winter semester (PDF) (German, also available at the Dean's Office)
- Study plan - start in summer semester (PDF) (German, also available at the Dean's Office)
- Examination regulation (official download from the university website)
- Module catalogue (PDF) (German)
- Exam registration forms (official download from the university website)