For Diplom students Vordiplom Elektrotechnik is a requirement for participation
Organisation of the lecture:
- Lecture (3h per Week)
- Exercise (1h per Week)
- Language of the course: English
Content and Goals: Participants will have an introduction of Modelling and Identification of technical processes. After the lecture they are able to independently derive mathematical models of processes and to apply methods for identification.
The lecture is organized as:
- Theoretical Modelling
- Experimental Modelling
- Least-Squares Methods
- Prediction Error Methods
- Instrumental Variable Methods
- Subspace Identification Methods
- Some Practical Aspects
- J. Mikles, M. Fikar. Process modelling, identification and control. Springer, 2007.
- Wernstedt. Experimentelle Prozessanalyse. VEB Verlag, 1989.
- R. Isermann, M. Münchhof. Identification of Dynamic Systems. Springer, 2011.
- T. Söderstrom, P. Stoica. System identification. Prentica Hall, 1989.
- L. Ljung. System identification: Theory for the user. Prentice Hall, 1999.
- M. Verhaegen, V. Verdult. Filtering and system identification. Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- H.E. Scherf. Modellbildung und Simulation dynamischer Systeme: Eine Sammlung von Simulink-Beispielen, Oldenbourg Verlag, 2009.
- Van Overschee, Peter. Subspace Identification for Linear Systems: Theory - Implementation - Applicatio, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1996
Modelling and Identification are fundamental for designing both control systems and complete automation systems. For this reason there is a direct link to the lectures:
- Prozessautomatisierung (Process Automation)
- Regelungstechnik I (Linear Control)
- Nichtlineare und adaptive Regelungen (Nonlinear and Adaptive Control)
- CAE in der Regelungstechnik (CAE in Control)
Moreover, the lecture is of interest to everybody who works generally with modelling of technical processes, regardless of being an engineer, physician, mathematician or computer scientist.
Regarding practical relevance, one can state that, in their job, engineers often have to understand and control processes of all kinds. Modelling is an essential tool for this.
The lecture Modelling and Identification takes place in the winter semester; the course assessment is performed by the final exam.
Questions to: M. Sc. Zhihua Zhang