Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Kunz
Tel: (+49) (631) 205-2603
Fax: (+49) (631) 205-4782
Education / Degrees
- September 26, 1996, Habilitation (Dr.rer.nat.habil.) in Computer Science, University of Potsdam, Germany
- December 22, 1992, Doctoral degree (Dr.-Ing.), summa cum laude, in electrical engineering, University of Hannover, Germany
- August 4, 1989, Master's degree (Dipl.-Ing.) in Electrical Engineering, University Fridericiana of Karlsruhe, Germany
- Since November 2001 Professor at the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Kaiserslautern
- Sept. 1998 to August 2001 Professor, Vice-Dean and Dean of the Dept. of Computer Science, Johann Wolfgang Goethe-University Frankfurt/Main
- August 1998 to December 1999 Chief Scientist, Verysys Inc. (part time appointment while being professor in Frankfurt)
- Summer 1995 and Summer 1996 Temporary appointments as Research Assistant Professor, Dept. of Computer Science,Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, USA.
- January 1997 to February 1998 Research scientist with Dept. of Computer Science, University of Potsdam.
- April 1993 to December 1996 Research scientist with Max-Planck-Society, Fault-Tolerant Computing Group (Prof. M. Gössel), at the University of Potsdam, Germany.
- October 1991 to March 1993 Research scientist with Institute for Theory of Electrical Engineering (Prof. J. Mucha), University of Hannover, Germany.
- September 1989 to September 1991 Research assistant and Ph.D. student at the Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA
- IEEE Transactions on CAD Best Paper Award, IEEE Circuits and Systems Society, 1996
- Preis der Berlin-Brandenburgischen Akademie der Wissenschaften, 1996
- Gerhard-Hess Preis, Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG), 1997
- Preis der Informationstechnischen Gesellschaft (ITG) 2005
- Fellow of the IEEE, 2006
- TU Kaiserslautern Distinguished Teaching Award, 2016
- JETTA Best Paper Award, 2018
- Member of the Editorial Board of IEEE Transactions on Computers, since 2019
- Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Circuits and Systems, 2006 - 2015
- Associate Editor for ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems, 2011- 2015
- Member of Editorial Board for Journal VLSI Design, 2006 - 2015
- Associated editor for Journal of Electronic Testing: Theory and Applications (JETTA), 1996 – 2004
- TPC Member or Topic Chair in numerous national and international conferences, including ICCAD, DATE, ICCD, ATS, ASP-DAC, VLSI, IWLS, SASIMI, CHARME, FMCAD
- Member of National Science Foundation (NSF) review panels, USA
- Member of GMM/ITG/GI Leitungsgremium Rechnergestützter Schaltungs- und Systementwurf, since 2001
- Head of the RSS Group 3 (Verification) in GI/ITG/GMM, 2001 – 2004
- Technical Director of national research projects on verification methodology of system-on-chips and automotive systems funded by BMBF